The BullyFreeBC Society recently wrote to candidates in each constituency to ask them to consider a set of recommendations to improve employment conditions and supports in the workplace.
For BC and each region …
- Anti-harassment programs – to protect and assist workers, especially those in marginalized groups, who are experiencing discrimination, harassment or bullying in the workplace.
- Local job initiatives – to help people bridge work gaps and career shifts, and avoid entrenched unemployment or precarious employment, while addressing regional service needs.
- Employment-focused training – to offer everyone who experiences job insecurity the retraining and up-skilling required to maintain long-term economic stability.
- A provincial plan for registration & regulation of workplace training providers – to establish a framework for employment-based adult education services across the province.
- Co-ordination between self-regulating professions – to ensure high standards for conduct, professional development, and complaint management, and to maintain focus on serving the needs of the general public.
Responses will be posted as they arrive.